Friday, March 30, 2012

St. Pete Beach or Downtown - which one?

I%26#39;m coming to visit family who lives in downtown St. Pete - close to the Tropicana Field.





I%26#39;m wondering if it would be more convenient to stay intown - say at the Pier Hotel or Grayls - or perhaps stay on the Beach?





How far is the beach from downtown? What are the benefits of one to the other? Aside from the obvious gulf breezes :)





I%26#39;ll probably spend much time on my own, so as a young, single female traveler, I%26#39;m looking for safety and convenience in mind.





I appreciate any help!



St. Pete Beach or Downtown - which one?


I%26#39;d prefer to stay on the beach. Living in Kansas, I don%26#39;t get many chances to enjoy a beach!



St. Pete Beach or Downtown - which one?


I think you%26#39;d be more comfortable on the beach strip. Travel by car from the beach to Tropicana Field area is around 20 minutes. Traffic is usually light. The two streets either side of Central Ave. (1st S. and 1st N.) are one way into and out of town, and traffic moves quickly.




Hmmmmm, good info. Thanks for that. Perhaps I%26#39;ll start looking at Beach hotels then.





The thing I like about downtown, are the cool little hotels and b%26amp;bs%26#39;s that are close to good eateries and drinkeries :) ... anything like that on the beach?





I%26#39;m really not into hanging by the pool/ocean with a bunch of screaming kids, if you know what I mean. Although, it would be nice to be oceanside...ahhhh.




Oh, yeah, I do know what you mean ;-)





If you%26#39;re not into the ocean and pools, then a downtown inn or BB may be the right thing for you, but I%26#39;m not familiar with any.




Have you ever stayed at St Pete beach? It really is great we go there every summer. why don%26#39;t you spend a couple of days in town and a couple at the beach,you really have to trythe warm gulf waters it%26#39;s great---have a nice trip

No comments:

Post a Comment