Monday, April 23, 2012

Jogging in Destin

Hi all!



Myself and a group of friends will be in Destin in mid April, staying at the Hidden Dunes. I am a jogging enthusiast and was wondering if there are any trails along the road in Destin? If not, where would be a good place for a jog, about 2-3 miles? Thanks again,



Brandi



Jogging in Destin


Brandi,



My family has a place in Hidden Dunes and I enjoy going for a walk everyday. We just go down to Sandestin and walk through there. I%26#39;m sure you are ';technically'; supposed to be staying there but no one ever says anything and the staff is very nice. Sometimes we walk to the Broken Egg Cafe and back. Burns off some of the food!



Jogging in Destin


You can always drive down to 30A and hit the bike path.





http://www.discover30a.com/tour/tour.html




There is also the bike bath along Scenic 98 - lots of people jogging - walking - bike riding there. You will probably run into me if you go down this road.




Always see joggers sweating it out on the water%26#39;s edge on the beach. Just don%26#39;t yell at anyone writing in the sand.




Where is the bike path on 98 and Sidney how do you walk from Hidden Dunes to Sandestin? Beach or road?




What great suggestions from you all! I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;m ready to jog on the sand yet, and I think I would prefer a trail. Is there a trail/track in Sandestin? I would also like to know where the trail on 98 begins, how far it is, and how I would get to it from Hidden Dunes. The 30a looks beautiful, but I won%26#39;t be the one driving, so I%26#39;m not sure if I can talk my friends into driving me there to run for an hour. Can%26#39;t wait to hear more, thanks again!



Brandi




The bike path on Old 98 starts right by the Outlet Mall - about 1/2 mile east from the Hidden Dunes entrance




I actually just park at the Shops of Sandestin and gor from there. That way I avoid the crazy traffic on 98 and don%26#39;t get any sand in my tennis shoes from the beach.




Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment