Monday, April 23, 2012

Condo question - which one would you recommend??

My husband and I have one week at a timeshare in the Daytona area and I%26#39;m having some trouble figuring out which condo to choose. They all have good and bad reviews, so hopefully, there%26#39;s someone out there who can assist. Here are the options:





Plantation Island - Ormond Beach



Perennial Vacation Club at Daytona Beach



Wyndham Palm-Aire - Pompano Beach



Casa Del Mar - Ormond Beach



Turtle Inn - Daytona





Please give me ANY opinions/advice on these places as this will be our only vacation this year.





Thanks in advance!!



Condo question - which one would you recommend??


Really hard to give advice on timeshare properties....because only members stay there and that limits the number of people that can comment. Usually most folks get info from their exchange company... are any of these gold crown resorts??







Renata



Condo question - which one would you recommend??


I am from Daytona and used to be in timeshare industry.



Google '; the cove ormond beach';. Make sure to request the north building as it has the rooms renovated as of Jan 09. Outside of north bldg is being repainted but the pools and other outside areas are fine. Dont be afraid to ask particulars from the front desk clerk as well. Second choice just six blocks away from the cove: Ocean East Resort. Both of these places are only 2 miles from the craziness of daytona and located oceanfront.




I am a timeshare owner, and pretty picky about where I exchange into (try not to go into anything other than gold or 5 star). A few times ago, I had a list of properties that I checked that didn%26#39;t fit into that category (since there aren%26#39;t many in Daytona) to see where I might be willing to stay. Of the ones you mentioned, I did chekc out Casa Del Mar. I walked in and asked to see a vacant unit (not a model). I was not thrilled that you had to access the unit from an outside walkway/balcony (like a motel), but the unit itself, although not newly refurbished or real modern, was clean and the beds seemed comfortable. Based on what I saw, if I couldn%26#39;t get into my favorite, I would stay there. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment