Monday, April 23, 2012

Hotels, condos, or VRBO

I am traveling to Fort Lauderdale April 16-26th. I have visited all part of Florida but this is my 1st time staying in Fort Lauderdale and I am lost in finding a place to stay.





I am looking for beach front, with a beach front pool. There will be three adults on this vacation.





Bookit doesn%26#39;t have anything and Yankee Clipper and Beachcomber don%26#39;t get great reviews. I like the Sea Lord but the prices are high.





Can anyone suggest a VRBO listing for this length of time that is $150 or under a night? I%26#39;m looking for a 10 night special.



Hotels, condos, or VRBO


If you look on VRBO , you will have to be very careful not to get tricked into a rental at the Ocean Manor, a very poorly maintained condo- hotel which happens to be on the ocean. Many units are owned by individual investors who are desperate to rent them out but know it has a horrible reputation- so they never mention it by name. If it says the amenities include a beaty parlor and a tiki bar, that is probably Ocean Manor. The vast majority of oceanfront condos I have seen for rent on VRBO are located there- most other condos in town have stiff rental restrictions like no less than 30 days or only one rental per year. Ocean Manor is ione iof few where anything goes.





If you want to know what%26#39;s wrong with Ocean Manor , put it in the search box in the upper left - lots of horror stories.



Hotels, condos, or VRBO


try www.hotwire.com www.orbitz.com www.priceline.com




HI! We have been to fort lauderdale the past two years in a row and am currently booking our trip again this year for sept. I too have been scouring the ft. lauderdale vrbo as we always rent PRIVATELY thru owners on there.



I do have to dissagree with the other poster about Ocean manor, we stayed there last year in a private studio, and was pleasantly surprised! It had a direct balcony, It was beautiful and perfect for us!the only thing I did hate about that studio was it did not have a kitchenette and this time we are booking one with one, since we have an infant. I found another owner on there who has one. We stayed a week and are going for another week in sept. I think each persons experience LARGELY depends on the quality of the condo itself and your attitude about your trip to start off with. However with 3 adults I dont think a studio would be large enough for 3 adults, With us its only my husband and lil baby and I. While I was looking I ran across some vrbos numbers myself--we are both in the same price range. Ill email you them privately since I think they would just delete my post if I posted them here. some are with ocean manor and some are elsewhere. just thought Id be nice and share the ones that we looked at also. Also, feel free to read my review on Ocean manor. I HONESTLY think for the price... it was so unbeatable for us. just make sure if thats your choosing...rent privately and you can always ask for extra pictures from the owner. thats what we do. Ill try and email you thru here those numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment