Monday, April 23, 2012

allegiant air

Anyone know anything about this company? I have never heard of them but they are very cheap and offer one way flights to Orlando. Any info is appreciated.



allegiant air


I don%26#39;t know anything personally other than I have booked flights in October with them. I do know people that have flown it to Vegas and they said it was fine and the seating was more spacious than other commercial flights. I do know you have to pay for soft drinks or snacks but are welcome to bring your own which I always have some snacks and a bottle of water with me anyway so not a big deal. If you pick your seating you do pay an extra $10.00 a piece but it was worth that to me to be sure I was sitting with my hubby. From the people that went on the flights to Vegas there was no problem getting to sit with their partners because they don%26#39;t book 100%. The price was great so we booked for 2 and with all taxes and everything it was $311.00 roundtrip for both of us. It flies in to Sanford airport and not the Orlando airport. I don%26#39;t know if that is good or bad but I would think better. I can let you know after we return if you are still interested.



allegiant air


Thanks so much for the post. No big deal about the snacks/drinks I do the same as you. We have a 9 year old daughter that thinks snacks are a huge part of traveling. EEK I did not realize that you had to pay extra to ensure that you sit with your family. I will just freak if my daughter doesn%26#39;t atleast get to sit with me. Obviously I would rather have all three of us together. Also our whole reason of going to Orlando is that we are going to Disney World and we are also staying onsite, so my question is where is this Sanford place that you are talking about? I just assumed it was Orlando Airport and the Disney people just picked you up and took you to your hotel. Any more info is so very much appreciated!




Sanford International is about 45 miles by road N east of of the Disney area. The Disney area being SW of orlando city centre. From a Brits point of view Strange roads / road lay outs. Steering wheel on the wrong side etc Sanford is much easier to get out of than Orlando international, and much easyer as you wont have to go through emigration control. The road is comparitivly quite till you get to The Greenway a toll road. Its an easy drive down to the disney area and gives us time to ajust to the differant road conditions.



Going the I 4 route can be a bit hair raising as it is usually cloged with traffic at the time planes from britian get there.



Being US citizans you will not have the same experiance.



But you could have a simular one if you plane was to drop you off at London Heathrow.



I am assuming of course that you will be hiring a car. just join the Greenway south and west. Tampa/ Disney area. drive to the last but one exit. 46-48 miles.




Have you already booked your tickets? If not you can go online and see the seating chart and pick your seats and I also noticed you can purchase shuttle to Disney on the site along with a car or hotel and other things too. We have rented a car at the Sanford Airport on our own because I was able to get a better deal than thru Allegiant and have made a reservation for a hotel right outside of the Airport the night before we fly home since it is a early morning flight home. From what I have heard about the Vegas flights because they don%26#39;t start the flights from Mo. until Oct. 5th there wasn%26#39;t a problem getting seats together but to me it was worth the money to pay to know we were sitting together. I guess we will see. When are you going?




Haven%26#39;t flown them personally, but family members have flown them from Springfield to Vegas. They were pleased.




Thanks to all for your info. Mikatco-- Yes we have booked our tickets already. I did not see anything about a Disney shuttle on their website. Where did you see it? We never intended on renting a car. Since we just thought that Disney picks you and up and takes you back to your airport we figured everything else we wanted to see and do were on the Disney property. We have never been to Disney World before. Actually we have never been anywhere! Atleast not out of the ';four states';. I use that term because I see that you are from Missouri also and you will know what I mean. We also have an early flight back home. 8:15am so not looking forward to that. Your hotel idea is a very good one. Thanks for all your help. Oh yeah, we will be flying out on January 21st.




I went in to their Website and tried the January dates and the activity list didn%26#39;t come up. If you want to look at it go in and pick the Oct dates and just keep going thru the screens and you will see the additional activity list to choose from. I did notice it is $25.00 per person for the shuttle for 1 way. You can rent a small car cheaper than what that would total for the 3 of you traveling both ways. Even if you left it in the parking you probably would be better off plus you could see other things other than just the Disney properties. Others may have a different suggestion on shuttle service and know of better prices. I rented on-line and the prices have continued to go down and I just call and have them adjust to the new prices and they are happy to do it. I know you can also rent a car thru Allegiant but my husband wanted an SUV and it wasn%26#39;t available thru them. For what you are needing you could just rent the cheapest car just for transportaion. We are traveling down the east coast and also going over to the gulf so we needed a vehichle. Good luck, and I understand I didn%26#39;t know it flew into Sanford either when I bought the tickets but it isn%26#39;t a big deal for us. I am sure others can give you some suggestions because I have read about international flights going into there and I am sure there are people that used a shuttle service.




There are shuttle services availabale from Sanford but they are not cheap nor ar they fast. As the previous post said if there is a family of you it would be cheaper to rent a car. I dont think they rent any SUV%26#39;s as the largest proportion of travelers and aircraft using Sanford come from Britian there is little of no demand for those vechiels.



Your other problem might be on your return journey the night before where you are going to stay at an Hotel over night.



My understanding is they only run to airport and Theame Park hotels.



I dont recolect any hotels on or very near the airport.



You may have to have a taxi from your Disney Area Hotel to the hotel you ar going to stay over night at This might well cost in excess of $90 + an amount for every extra person.




Mikatko- Where are you renting your car from? I was wondering if there was a rental place right by the airport that picks you up or something. I apologize for my not knowing anything about any of this. Like I said before we are not previous travelers. I%26#39;ve never flown or rented a car before. $25 one way each sounds insanefor the shuttle. After you said that about renting a car reminded me that my daughter (and me) would love to see the ocean so having a car might not be a bad idea. I just was not expecting to even be considering getting one. Thanks again. Also thanks to poacher. A $90 taxi ride does not sound very good to me!!




Mikatko- Where are you renting your car from? I was wondering if there was a rental place right by the airport that picks you up or something. I apologize for my not knowing anything about any of this. Like I said before we are not previous travelers. I%26#39;ve never flown or rented a car before. $25 one way each sounds insanefor the shuttle. After you said that about renting a car reminded me that my daughter (and me) would love to see the ocean so having a car might not be a bad idea. I just was not expecting to even be considering getting one. Thanks again. Also thanks to poacher. A $90 taxi ride does not sound very good to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment