Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lodging reservations - plan ahead or do it on the fly?

We are planning on a trip in a couple of weeks and haven%26#39;t made any reservations and usually don%26#39;t travel that way if possible.





Was wondering if we need to plan ahead for finding hotels and making reservations for a couple of nights in the Saint Augustine area. We aren%26#39;t quite certain if this is at the end of the trip or at the beginning.





Thanks



Lodging reservations - plan ahead or do it on the fly?


Do not do it on the fly! Spring breakers will be arriving any time and although you might find a vacant room I certainly would not take the chance this time of year. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and did see vacancy signs around the weather was cold and raining. Don%26#39;t take a chance of ruining your vacation. I also like to travel without reservations but if I know I am going at a peak time I will break down and secure a room for peace of mind. I never take too kindly to having to sleep in the car (-:



Lodging reservations - plan ahead or do it on the fly?


Rothb1,



Thats a great way to travel but... it would seem to me that first by making reservations ahead of time that you are sure to get a room and you most likely will get a better price that way. Seems pretty risky to me I did it one time I went to Louisville Kentucky on a trip to see some sites . There was a big car show in town and had to pay twice the price for a room after checking more than 5 places



Can you spell TENT?I hope you have had good success with this type of travel. I do use this type of traveling in some cases after... I have a place to stay.



If you want to toss the dice then do not complain with how the dice lands I guess . It could be interesting ....counting how many bed bugs you got in just a one nights stay. Spontaneous is a good way to travel though if your not concerned about bugs or how much crack was made in the room.





Enjoy!




Hi Rothb1 thanks for choosing St.Augustine. Yes that would be a great idea planning your vacation ahead of time so book now before your hotel fills up . Please check out things to do in the old city and enjoy your stay in the old town and surrounding areas.





Mehmet




A good rule of thumb for this time of year in this area is to make reservations if you will be staying on Friday or Saturday night.





Sunday through Thursday I would recommend NOT making reservations. With todays economy most hotels are not running 100% occupancy during the week, and you can find some real good deals by just walking in.




Usually I like to make reservations on far trips or going to the big city. We would be there during the week. I was hoping that spring break would not be that large. Maybe we will try to nail down that portion of the trip.





Thanks




Hi, sometimes a few weeks can stretch into a month or two. If you find this happening I would strongly suggest making a reservation ahead of time. I often visit the area in May. May is graduation month for Flagler College. Talk about crowded!!!!!



April is the month many of the schools take the annual field trip. No real hotel problems noted but lots and lots of school kids running every which way on St. George :)




Definitely book ahead...there%26#39;s big concerts coming to the area too...Chicago, James Taylor....etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment