Wednesday, April 25, 2012

orlando with an infant

hi, have been going to orlando every year. i am not going this year as i am expecting my first baby next month, however if we have the money we would love to go back sept 2010. anyone been to orlando with such a young child, if so how did you cope with that? any ideas would be great

orlando with an infant

I traveled to Orlando last year with a 10-month old and a 5 year old. However, I took hubby, mom and dad, and my aunt, too. We stayed in a 2 BR condo and had fun! Lots of eyes on the kids at any given time. The thing is, the plane ride only took about 2.5 hours and the kids did very well. I also made sure to make the trip quick (4 nights) and agenda-free. We went to parks 3 of the 4 days and the rest of the time just went shopping/swimming. Went by the kids%26#39; schedule for naps, meals, etc. The other nice thing was, in the evenings my hubby and I often went out for dinner (more than at home) since my parents wanted to spend their evening relaxing in the condo rather than dining out.

PS - made frequent stops to the grocer for milk, baby food, etc. It would have been impossible to pack everything with the limited luggage allowance! Orlando has whateve you might need.

Enjoy!

orlando with an infant

PS - we had such fun we are all going next month, too. But this time just hubby, DS (now 5) and DD (will be 20 mos).


If you decide to go with a very young child... I would recommend pushing it further back into late Oct, Nov or Dec.

September is still very hot and I think that%26#39;s where you%26#39;ll have problems as the baby will be uncomfortable.

Other than that, it%26#39;s no different than going on a day-trip in your own country, except on a larger scale. Back a diaper bag every day, Your baby will be 18 months at that time? She/He will eat broken up table food at that point so just share your food. You can buy diapers, baby food, milk, juice, wipes etc here at any grocery store.


helpful hints

http://allears.net/pl/infant.htm


I%26#39;ll let you know..I%26#39;m taking my girls the beginning of June...ages 18 months, 8, 10, 15 %26amp; 19. I think it might be tough because she%26#39;s a goer! Luckily I have her older sisters to help.


I agree, I would put it as late in Sept as possible or better yet October so that the heat will abate.

The other tip I have, is to get yourself accomodation that either has a mini kitchen or full kitchen for preparing, sterilising etc. A condo with full kitchen and washer dryer for stays of over 4-5 days might be good, otherwise a one bed suite.

  • get time from datetime
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment