Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sacrifices for Orlando

After being a smoker for 25 years I decided to stop so I could fund my holiday to Orlando. I have saved just over 拢2000 for my spending money and today is exactly a year since I stopped smoking. I was just wondering what other sacrificies people have made all for 2 weeks of fun and sunshine?



Sacrifices for Orlando


Hi we havent made to many sacrafices but well done you on giving up the cigaretes...hope you have a Fab time..



Sacrifices for Orlando


We haven%26#39;t sacrificed too much for this holiday, but we may certainly have to for future ones! We normally go away three times a year - one %26#39;big%26#39; holiday and two one week R %26amp; R type holidays. I guess it will be one or both of the other holidays that will go!





I have to congratulate you on giving up smoking. What a wonderfull achievement! I have never smoked but have asthma and bronchiestasis. Unfortunately my father smoked about 60 a day and as I was a daddy%26#39;s girl I was obviously %26#39;passive smoking%26#39;. The dangers weren%26#39;t known then so I can%26#39;t blame my Dad. It%26#39;s just bad luck.





It%26#39;s so great that you have been prepared to make such an effort for your family. Your general health and wealth will improve all round. Well done!





Regards,





Deaconblue




Thanks for your message Deaconblue.



Health benefits already kicking in. I am riding London - Brighton bike ride this year for charity and also London - Southend 4 weeks later 60 miles each time.



Here%26#39;s to many more holidays




Hi Dagenham, well done. I have never smoked but having lost both my parents at a very young age due to smoking, I know how hard that must of been.



I sacrifice loads for a holiday. I dont drink, dont smoke, I dont go out with friends ever. As all I keep thinking is 拢20 for a night out or 拢20 to buy ice-creams in Magic Kingom. UMM not much of a choice in my eyes.



I save all my change in my purse, and If I get gift tokens as presents, I will always purchase something for the trip.



One thing I can not sacrifice, and that is chocolate. But I think I may try that as I reacon I must spend at least 拢5 pw on chocolate, so that would make 拢260 per year at least wow, ummm I may have to think about that one, could it be a sacrifice too far.!!




Caz



Gotta keep chocolate as a pleasure!!!!. Dont give it all up hun. Unless of course you start to think that a double seat needs to be booked, but lookking at your pics that wont be an issue. x




Well Done Dagenham!!!!!





I don%26#39;t have to sacrifice much now, but when the kids were small I sacrificed lots: New Shoes (for me not them lol) eating out, takeaways, going out for a drink, I even did some market research as with 3 under 5 I couldn%26#39;t work as the childcare would have been more than I made. I also bought all my meat etc in the reduced isle where it has that day%26#39;s date on it and sells for half price.





But it was worth it. And in your case you will be saving 2200 quid a year, every year and you will have lots more of these years due to your new healthier lifestyle. So enjoy your holiday as you have truly earned it!




Dagenham- So happy for you! You must feel so healthy! As a Dental Hygienist, I will tell you that I%26#39;m proud of you, cigarette smoke affects more than just your lungs!





Well we normally just cut back on eating out and frivilous spending before we go on vacation! Our upcoming trip to Disney was almost cancelled because of our pup needing a $2300 surgery! But we are still going, just not planning on buying to much while we are down there! And I%26#39;m working hard at keeping the grocery bill down.





Once again, Congrats on quitting smoking!





Tam:)




CONGRATUALTIONS AND HAPPY NON SMOKING ANNIVERSARY WELL DONE XXXX





i wish i had the will power to give up and u%26#39;d think that with all the medical probs i have it would of kicked me up the u know what to do that but it is one vice i can not seem to let go.........shameful on me...however we have gave up alot to go to orlando in the past and for the future trips planned, we do not go out for example clubbing or pubbing or for meals, we have given up on takeaways and it shows in the waistline already lol, and the kids have cut down on sweets etc and i am a excellent bargin shopper at the supermarket and in the outlets.. i was dancing in the isles the other day when i went to tescos and got a joint of pork (not very big mind u ) for 75p i went at 9pm and they had reduced everything got a whole 2 days of shopping and meals for less than 拢3 to feed 7 of us lol..... and i go to bingo on free days and free nights i get out the house for a while and play and if i win bonus to us lol




chelly



Thanks for the shopping tips. Thank heavens for sell by dates.



If I gave up smoking you have to believe me when I say anyone can. I tried 5 times and then discovered a pill called Zyban from the doctor.



I have finally discovered how food tastes and smells so can%26#39;t wait to get to Logans Roadhouse for a steak lol




With your new tastebuds you are going to have to watch piling on the pounds when you are there lol! Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment