Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mango's Taxi Saved My Vacation

Leaving Key West was one of my most hectic experiences in recent memory. We had checked out of our hotel at 12:00 and planned on spending some time in town before returning to the hotel with enough time to get organized before heading to the airport. Our flight had been delayed over a 1/2 hour and we planned to use this extra time in town instead of the airport. Shortly before we planned on going to the airport I was emailed that the flight was no longer delayed.

Panic insued as we had to rush back to the hotel and get a cab to the airport as soon as possible. Luckily, Mango%26#39;s Taxi was in the neighborhood to save the day. Little did I know that this taxi would be saving my day twice.....

We got into the cab and were entertained by Mango, a beautiful parrot who sings and talks during the ride. The owner shared shared stories about the parrot and we arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare.

After arriving at the airport I approached the kiosk to check in. It was at this point that panic insued again. My wallet was nowhere to be found. After searching though all my bags I realized that I left it in a souveneir bag that was never packed because of our unexpected rush to the airport.

As we tried to track down the taxi - at the time we didn%26#39;t know the name of the cab company or the phone number - we called our hotel and got the number of the taxi service. We tried dialing his number and went straight to voicemail. Not a minute later, in walks Thane the taxi driver with my bag. Life saved again!

I knew he had no idea that my wallet was in the bag along with my rinky dink souveneirs. To think that he would return to the airport just to return a bag of souveniers says something about this person.

I am so grateful to him and vowed to try and pay it forward any way I could. So I ask you this....when you are in town and need a cab, try giving Thane and Mango a call at 305-395-8385. They even have their own website - http://www.mangostaxi.com/!

His service is not only a unique Key West experience but is run by an honest man and his parrot. Poeple like this deserve your business!

Thank you!

Mango's Taxi Saved My Vacation

Nice story. Gotta say, pretty typical of Key West. :-)

Mango's Taxi Saved My Vacation

Thanks for sharing.


Great story! I had the pleasure of using this taxi service to get to the airport last December. Mango is very entertaining and quite the dancer...lol


THAT, is awesome! Love good people............seems to happen in a good place.... ;-) That%26#39;s a wonderful story!!


Will make sure the next time we are there to use these guys! Great story....KW


You know, with all the negative things you hear on a daily basis--it is very refreshing to know that there ARE still cool people out there (funny how most end up in KW)

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I%26#39;m glad everything worked out for you.

We will look for him on our next trip. : )


Mongo hearts Mango


We were also entertained my Mango and his dad, Thane, on our ride ot the airport a couple of weeks ago. I didn%26#39;t get his phone number, so thanks for posting it.

A funny story...when my friend was getting into the taxi she tripped and fell into the seat..I swear the bird started to laugh at her! Of course that made us laugh, which then made him laugh more. It was a great way to end the vacation.


Great story!

We%26#39;ve never used Mango%26#39;s before, but will now just because we have to meet these two!


I too rode with Mango to the airport-- The cab was full, as it picked me up after a bunch of other people, so I sat in fron with the bird. Mango kept picking up his lego toys and dropping them, wanting me to pick them up.

  • cheapest web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment